Renting a car in Victoria gives you an all-access pass to the innumerable sights and sounds of the cultural capital of Australia. Distinctly urban and cosmopolitan while cushioned amongst picturesque harbours, river systems, and rolling greens, there is a good reason that Victoria is a hub of both business and tourism.
To review prices on your next Victoria car rental, enter the details of your trip in our convenient booking form below, including pick-up and drop-off locations. Through our partnership with all of the major car rental firms, CarRental.com.au is able to offer the same discount prices on car rentals and car hires that you would find on any car rental company website. Corporate and loyalty programme members who book with CarRental.com.au will receive full access to the privileges and rewards normally available to them. Compare the competition today and save on your next car hire or car rental!
Melbourne has always been first stop for those who want to sample the essence of Victoria. With bountiful cafes, quality restaurants, high-end shopping and visual feasts for any sight-seer, a car rental from CarRental.com.au puts you within touching distance of Victoria's most popular treasures. With convenient access from the city depot or from Melbourne Airport, you can be touring the city in no time.
Located just outside of the city, Avalan Airport provides an alternate depot for more affordable flying. Outlets in Ballarat and Bendigo, among other locations within Victoria, serve as great starting points for soaking in all of Victoria’s natural and urban attractions.
Below is one of many possible itineraries for your trip to the grand city of Victoria.
1. Head south on Boggy Gate Rd toward Fenton Hill Rd 2.7 km
2. Turn right at Konagaderra Rd 400 m
3. Take the 1st left to stay on Konagaderra Rd 14.1 km
4. Continue onto Oaklands Rd 6.6 km
5. Turn left at Sunbury Rd (signs for C743/Melbourne) 2.9 km
6. Continue onto Tullamarine Freeway 5.6 km
7. Take the Western Ring Rd/Princes Freeway exit toward M80/M1 750 m
8. Take exit Melrose Drive on the right for State Route 39/M80 600 m
9. Merge onto Western Ring Rd/M80 18.2 km
10. Keep right at the fork, follow signs for Princes Freeway/M1/Geelong and merge onto Geelong Rd/Princes Freeway/M1 56.8 km
11. Continue onto Geelong Ring Rd 12.0 km
12. Take the exit toward A1/A10/Colac/Grovedale 700 m
13. Turn right at Colac Rd/Princes Hwy 800 m
14. Slight left at Anglesea Rd (signs for Ghazeepore Rd) 16.3 km
15. At the traffic circle, take the 2nd exit onto Great Ocean Rd 20.0 km
Melbourne is one of Australia's most culturally-rich cities