Perth sits on the edge of the Swan river and there is so much more to the city than downtown. Hire a car and pick it up in the city or at Perth Airport and check out Fremantle or the beautiful beaches of the Sunset Coast or the picturesque Avon Valley. Perth is the gateway to Western Australia, and a cheap rental car is your ticket to ride. WA is a state that embodies Australia’s contradictions, wilderness and cultivation, ancient and modern, wet and very, very dry. With national land marks like the Swan River, and urban marvels such as Perth's glittering skyline and sports stadiums, driving is the only way to see it all.
Perth also offers some highly-recommended retail therapy on classy King Street, Hay Street and Murray Street, which you must be sure to top off with a 10-2o minute drive out to the many cafes and restaurants than line the beachfronts at Cottersloe or Scarborough. Wine lovers should not miss the Margaret River and if you love the wilderness, hire a 4WD and make a visit to the Kimberley a must-see.
1. Head south on Sherwood Ct towards The Esplanade 150 m
2. Turn left at The Esplanade 120 m
3. Turn right at Barrack St 200 m
4. Take the 1st right on to Riverside Dr 500 m
5. Take the slip road on the right onto Kwinana Fwy 22.6 km
6. Take the exit towards Gibbs Rd 550 m
7. Turn left at Gibbs Rd 240 m
8. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Lyon Rd 850 m
9. Continue onto Jouissance Bend 400 m
10. Turn left at Aurora Dr 140 m
11. At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Brenchley Dr 94 m
12. Turn left at Avon Cres 260 m