Abundant in history, heritage, cuisine and culture, Bendigo stands as one of the premier living and breathing monuments to the Gold Rush in Australia during the late 1850s. When you rent a car in Bendigo, the many sights this town has to offer are immediately within your grasp, and Bendigo's charm is most fully discovered in the town itself. From driving down the wide, Victorian-era streets, lined with buildings designed by architects centuries ago, to the many galleries and musems, including the eerie Mine Experience Tour only 5 minutes drive out of town, a rental car can get you around the district at your own pace (perhaps even stopping for a coffee or two at one of Bendigo's many home-style cafes).
Should you wish to pick up your Bendigo car rental in Bendigo and launch off from here out into the rest of Victoria's wonders, Melbourne is only 2 hours south, and Ballarat, home of the Eureka Stockade and gold town attraction Sovereign Hill, the same distance south-west. Many travellers highly recommend the weekend road trip from Sydney to Melbourne, about 12 hours of driving, and should you be considering such a journey, Bendigo is the perfect place to launch from or stop in, being located just the right distance inland and with the right cuisine to refuel.
1. Head south-west on McIvor Hwy towards Mundy St 1.5 km
2. Continue onto Calder Hwy 22.0 km
3. Slight left to stay on Calder Hwy 6.9 km
4. Turn right at Midland Hwy 12.6 km
5. Turn right to stay on Midland Hwy 7.3 km
6. Turn right to stay on Midland Hwy 43.5 km
7. Continue onto Ballarat Daylesford Rd
Go through 1 roundabout 21.7 km
8. Turn left at Fussell St 13 m
9. Take the 1st right on to Ballarat Burrumbeet Rd
Go through 1 roundabout 2.6 km